Overseas Travel

If you plan to take your vehicle outside of the country, you must obtain written permission from ALD Automotive.

When travelling to mainland Europe, you are required to bring the original Vehicle Licensing Certificate (VLC) with you. 

You can obtain both the permission to travel and the VLC by logging onto the Driver App.

AA 5-Star breakdown assistance should be purchased by you to cover the vehicle’s return to Ireland in the event that it cannot be driven back for any reason.  A quote for this cover can be obtained by calling (01) 6179977 option 2.  Further details can be found on www.theaa.ie/aa/insurance/European-breakdown-cover

Contact Us
+353 (0) 1 206 1118